Posts by :
We can also cater for outside functions within a 20 mile radius of the shop for up to 250 people. There are no set menus as we are very open and flexible to your requests and most dietary requirements are not a problem. If it simply a loaf of bread you are after, a batch of scones or even a cake no order is too small. Please fill out the enquiry form below or pop in and speak to Milvia or Stefania, who will be more than happy to help.No Fields Found.
For more information telephone 0191 237 1461
It is never to early to place your Christmas order
Let us take the load off your shoulders this Christmas by baking all your little treats and desires. We bake Christmas cakes and mince pies and are homemade chocolate Christmas truffles are also quite a treat. We have even gone that extra mile this year and can prepare and cook you a tantalising three course Christmas dinner ready for collection on Christmas eve (Menu will be put up in August). All orders must be placed either in store or via the website and by the 15th of December; all Christmas cake and other festive treat orders must be placed by the 1st of November. There must be a deposit left to secure your order.
Established in 1925, The Crescent Café is famous for her traditional Italian ice cream made from a secret family recipe, bringing a true taste of Italy to the heart of Seaton Delaval. The Crescent was founded by our grand parents Mariana and Carlo Arrighi and today it is run by their two granddaughters Grazia and Milvia.
The ice cream is made from only the purest natural products and contains no artificial colourings or preservatives, making it a great treat for all the family. Our Ice cream is unique to the Crescent Café and can only be bought from two further locations, Franco and Rosa’s and Seaton Delaval Hall ice cream pavilion.
Original ice cream was our first and only flavour for a very long time known as “fior di latte” in Italian, which translates simply as “milk flower”. Fior di latte is the most basic of flavours requiring few ingredients which made it feasible to make during the war years; today the recipe has been modified slightly to give this flavour more body and a rich creamy texture.
In 2000 after searching long and hard for natural flavourings we extended our range of flavours to include the following:
Strawberry, Rum and Raisin, Bilberry, Mint, Chocolate, Forest Fruits, Pineapple, Coconut, Cappuccino, Toffee, Stracciatella, Honey, Cherry, Crème Brule
(Flavours will appear on a rotational basis please ask staff for details)
The Crescent has recently undergone a huge refurbishment tailoring its interior to a classical Italian café/gelateria typical of southern Italy with a key focus on becoming greener. She now sits 34 covers and with a beautiful new kitchen will come a wonderfully new hot and cold food menu retaining the classics and adding new tasty delights, including our new range of refreshing granite. Our newly acquired alcohol license will see the eventual introduction of summer cocktails and winter warmer alcoholic coffees, with something to suit just about everyone’s taste buds.
It’s finally time to squash those rumours about full fat milk being bad for you; so what better way to have your daily calcium intake than enjoy an Arrighi’s ice-cream.
The benefits of whole milk
1. Our bodies cannot digest the protein or absorb the calcium from milk without the fat.
2. Vitamins A and D are also fat-soluble. So you can’t absorb them from milk when all the fat has been skimmed off. (This makes fortified skim milk the biggest sham of all — you can pump fat-free milk full of a year’s supply of vitamins A and D, but the body can’t access them).
3. Milk fat contains glycosphingolipids, types of fats linked to immune system health and cell metabolism.
4. The world’s healthiest foods are whole foods — foods that have not been processed. Why? The nutrients in whole foods have a natural synergy with one another — that is, they work best in and are most beneficial to the body when they are taken together. So when you pull some or all of the fat out of milk, you throw its nutritional profile out of whack. Basically, you discard all of the health benefits when you discard the fat.
5. And last but definitely not least: healthy dietary fat will NOT make you fat. We’ve been taught for years that dietary fat is the root of all evil. We need healthy fat in our diet for proper body composition and long-term weight maintenance.
By Laine Bergeson, Experience Life
The Toby Henderson trust is a local and very worthy charity to support; it nurtures and supports autistic children and provides a safe haven for them to be themselves. Autism can affect children in many different ways and The Toby Henderson Trust helps these children build skills for their future. The Trust also helps families deal with autism and provides a network where they can come together and share their support. We have chosen the Toby Henderson Trust as our charity of the year and there will be collection boxes on the counter all year around. So come on and help us support these wonderful children. For more information go to http://www.ttht.co.uk/home/
Arrighis are launching a Christmas photo competition; so why not unleash your creative side and have a little fun this winter. All entries must contain our logo (so drop in and pick up a business card or if you live slightly further afield email us and we s send you a PDF)
The winner will be chosen on the 7th of January 2013 and will win 2 liters of our delightful ice-cream in a flavour of their choice. All entries must be sent to Crescentemail@example.com with a name and contact number.
Happy Snapping XXX