Vegan is Here
We now make lactose free ice cream which is also Vegan friendly. Please ask our staff for more details.
Rosa Turns 100
Valentines competition 2014
This year’s Valentines competition is finally here!
For a chance to win this delicious heart shaped ice-cream cake visit our Facebook page for more details
The benefits of full fat milk
It’s finally time to squash those rumours about full fat milk being bad for you; so what better way to have your daily calcium intake than enjoy an Arrighi’s ice-cream.
The benefits of whole milk
1. Our bodies cannot digest the protein or absorb the calcium from milk without the fat.
2. Vitamins A and D are also fat-soluble. So you can’t absorb them from milk when all the fat has been skimmed off. (This makes fortified skim milk the biggest sham of all — you can pump fat-free milk full of a year’s supply of vitamins A and D, but the body can’t access them).
3. Milk fat contains glycosphingolipids, types of fats linked to immune system health and cell metabolism.
4. The world’s healthiest foods are whole foods — foods that have not been processed. Why? The nutrients in whole foods have a natural synergy with one another — that is, they work best in and are most beneficial to the body when they are taken together. So when you pull some or all of the fat out of milk, you throw its nutritional profile out of whack. Basically, you discard all of the health benefits when you discard the fat.
5. And last but definitely not least: healthy dietary fat will NOT make you fat. We’ve been taught for years that dietary fat is the root of all evil. We need healthy fat in our diet for proper body composition and long-term weight maintenance.
By Laine Bergeson, Experience Life
Arrighis charity of 2013 is The Toby Henderson Trust
The Toby Henderson trust is a local and very worthy charity to support; it nurtures and supports autistic children and provides a safe haven for them to be themselves. Autism can affect children in many different ways and The Toby Henderson Trust helps these children build skills for their future. The Trust also helps families deal with autism and provides a network where they can come together and share their support. We have chosen the Toby Henderson Trust as our charity of the year and there will be collection boxes on the counter all year around. So come on and help us support these wonderful children. For more information go to http://www.ttht.co.uk/home/
Christmas photo Competition
Arrighis are launching a Christmas photo competition; so why not unleash your creative side and have a little fun this winter. All entries must contain our logo (so drop in and pick up a business card or if you live slightly further afield email us and we s send you a PDF)
The winner will be chosen on the 7th of January 2013 and will win 2 liters of our delightful ice-cream in a flavour of their choice. All entries must be sent to Crescentemail@example.com with a name and contact number.
Happy Snapping XXX
Kilimanjaro Cancer Research Climb
Stefania, Francesco and the other two kili climbers Jack and Chris decided in March of 2011 that climbing Kilimanjaro for Cancer Research would be a great challenge. This August we successfully completed our challenge and reached the summit (uhuru peak)of Mount Kilimanjaro on the 29th of August. We have to date raised £7,800 and will continue fund raising until we reach our target of £10,000; you can help us reach our goal by donating on the address below: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/SeatonValleyKiliClimbers
A big thank you!
The Arrighi family would like to say a huge big thank you to the various people who have made our fabulous new shop possible. Thank you to our loyal and patient customers who throughout the 6 month refurbishment were very supportive and encouraging of everything we were trying to achieve, we wouldn’t be here today if it were not for your support so we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your custom.
Thank you to all our neighbours particularly those surrounding businesses , the Flower Cabin and Hartshorne’s whose day to day lives were made difficult by the impossible parking dilemma caused by our builders taking up all the parking. Thank you for working with us and being patient.
Thank you to our architects Nichlson Nairn and ID constructions for giving us a fabulous team of people to work with, they really couldn’t have been more helpful or flexible with what we were trying to achieve as a business and realistically without you guys none of this would have been possible. So thank you Stephen, Garfield, Kevin, Martin, Stuart and all the team.
Thank you to Edoni, Fridge DOC and Caffe Gabriele for being patient with us and coming on board to share in our vision of creating something truly special.
I really hope I haven’t missed anyone out if so a huge big thank you to you too.
Our new counters arrive
We had some fun putting the counters in, especially since they both decided to arrive on the same day.
Edoni arrives first with the ice cream counters.
Then the counters from Italy are delivered in the pouring rain.
The builders had to stop what they were doing to help us carry the counters indoors as the lorry driver didnt have a fork lift, what a tight squeeze
The guys studying the plans to see how on earth this is going to work.
Weeks, sweat and tears later, the finished product. Tah Dah